In early April we had our first blog regarding Facebook’s Timeline Business Page. After two months of daily engagement on our Socially Now page, it’s really pretty easy to manage.
Here are our top six social media tips for your Facebook Timeline page:
- Cover Image – Use this space wisely with the right image that reflects your brand and know the rules
- Thumbnails – Use these small buttons and add some custom graphics that are uniquely yours
- Milestones – Use this to share your story on how your business started and with significant events
- Highlights – Use this to “highlight” a special post by displaying it using the full width and centering it
- Pin a Post – Use this to showcase a specific post and keeping it at the top of your wall and unpinning when needed
- Messages – Use this to privately respond to messages and create relationships with existing and potential clients
Now that we are comfortable with Facebook Timeline, there is another change coming soon. FBML will stop working on June 6, 2012 and be completely removed on July 5, 2012.
If you have FBML coding, you have about one month to change to HMTL. We will have a blog with updates on the coding later in June.
Meanwhile, hope these tips help. Be consistent and engaging with your Facebook posting. Also, mix your postings with text, photo and videos.
Let us know what Facebook Timeline feature works best for your business page.