Some folks like autoresponders and some don’t like them at all. If you have a Twitter account and are receiving too many daily followers and you don’t have the time to respond but would like to, then it may be best to set up an autoresponder.
You may have seen some that say something like ““Thanks for following. I tweet about health and wellness and have more information on my blog www.wellnessconnection.com”. The worst ones are those that say “Someone is saying something bad about you. Click here to find out: www.sayingwhat.com “.
Whatever your message is, be authentic and have a call to action. In our @SociallyNow account we invite you to visit our website and view our weekly local video spotlight. In our @StocktonBuzz account we invite you to email us if you want your tweets to be highlighted on our local online publication at Breaking Stockton News.
There are several paid services such as SocialOomph and some with a limited free service such as vicconsult.com. Regardless which autorespond service you choose, make your tweets count to increase your followers.
Here are 8 easy tips to consider:
1. Use Twitter’s tools for finding and managing contacts like Tweetdeck, Twellow and Twellowhood
2. Add your Twitter information to your email signature
3. Add the Twitter widget to your website
4. Add your Twitter URL to your business cards
5. Ask for support from your Twitter followers
6. Be active and interesting
7. Go to TweetUps in your local area
8. Join in on forums and blog comments about Twitter
One of the things I enjoy doing most with Twitter is when I am out at a local event, a mixer or meeting with a client, I tweet on my mobile device. You can simply upload the Twitter App on your mobile device and set up your account(s).
Keep your post to 140 characters and add a photo and you’re done. If this blog inspired you to take on Twitter, then set it up now. It’s that easy.