More and more small business owners are embracing the fact that social media is not a fad and that they need to make it part of their marketing strategy. They are also realizing this is a long-term commitment that can be daunting and exhausting.
If your business is committed to social media marketing, it is imperative to create a working strategy. Some of the objectives are to know your audience and to know their wants and needs.
According to stats from Social Media Examiner’s “2012 Social Marketing Marketing Industry Report”
- 93% of B2B marketers use social marketing to market their business
- 85% of marketers reported that the number one benefit of social marketing is generating more business exposure
- 74% of marketers reported that social marketing has increased their site traffic
- 59% of marketers are using social marketing for 6 hours or more per week
In order to connect with your target audience, you must learn what social media network(s) they prefer. Begin to create your social media strategy by understanding each social media site and determine your goal behind them. For example:
- Increase traffic to your website – Engage friends and fans
- Build your brand – Promote your page
- Connect with past/current clients – Create consistent content
- Connect with business professionals – Modern Rolodex
- Request and make recommendations – Testimonials / Endorsements
- Have conversations and send messages – Target groups and companies
- Create an effective message with 140 characters or less – Make it compelling
- Use Twellow to find your target – Who do you want to follow?
- Use hashtags (#) – Allows others to find your content with keywords
Use Automated Posting Tools:
Keep your profile consistent and your content fresh. Connect your social media sites and link them to your website.
If you enjoyed this article, please comment, share and like this blog. If you need assistance with your social media marketing, just simply contact us.